Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Some people look at the howitzer and think how easily it could be turned at Congress

Some people look at the howitzer and think how easily it could be turned at Congress.

Folks don€™t recognize that the barrel is already pointing in their direction.

Other photos I took yesterday of the military on the Mall are at my blog here.

Today is my day off; I wasn’t even planning on looking at the news, but it’s on my Google page and

when I opened my browser, there it was: “Israeli Riddle: Love Jerusalem, Hate Living There”. I’ll be

brief, as the article speaks for itself. The article starts out right away matter-of-factly stating

that Israel has tried to cram more Jews into Jerusalem while trying to squeeze out the natives.

For four decades, Israel has pushed to build and expand Jewish neighborhoods, while trying to restrict

the growth in Arab parts of the city.

I can’t imagine the vitriol that would be packaged as journalism if some southern US state were to,

say, subsidize the construction of white neighborhoods and yet refuse permits for private building in

overcrowded black neighborhoods. In 2007. It would be the only news for weeks. But it’s Israel, so the

New York Times shrugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment