Sunday, March 27, 2011

Newsnight transcript, BBC News

Newsnight transcript, BBC News
Michael Springman [former head of the NIKE SHOX visa bureau in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia]:
In Saudi Arabia I was repeatedly ordered by high level State Dept officials to issue visas to unqualified

applicants. These were, essentially, people who had no ties either to Saudi Arabia or to their own country. I

complained bitterly at the time there. I returned to the MBT, I complained to the State Dept here, to the

General Accounting Office, to the Bureau of Diplomatic Security and to the Inspector General’s office. I was

met with silence. …

What I was protesting was, in reality, an effort to bring recruits, rounded up by Osama Bin Laden, to the MBT

for terrorist training by the CIA. They would then be returned to Afghanistan to fight against the then-

Soviets.

No comments:

Post a Comment