Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Is this within my budget/where do I get funding?

6. Is this within my budget/where do I get funding? Almost all projects have costs, some quite considerable. Before starting the project, ask yourself how will you fund the project until it becomes self-sustaining. In some cases, the costs will be low or spread out enough that funding won't be a problem. In other situations, funding requirements are immediate and you will Ferragamo Sunglasses,

need a certain amount of cash before you can start. Determine your needs early on, and find a source of funding (perhaps income from other projects) before you start.

7. Will working toward this goal have a negative impact on my health, family relationships, or economic condition? In some cases, you can choose a goal so ambitious that trying to achieve it will have a negative impact on your health or family relationships. I can think of no instance where it would be wise to endanger your health or the relationship with your spouse or children to achieve a business related goal.

8. What will I do if this fails? It is always a good idea to have a backup plan. In my case, I generally take on projects where even if the project fails, what I learn while doing the project is usually worth the effort. For example, if I decide to produce a DVD on a specific topic, and the Roberto Cavalli Sunglasses, fails to generate revenue, the experience of acquiring the tools and learning to produce a DVD gives me a huge head start on the next DVD I decide to produce.

On the other hand, if I have invested all my time and resources to producing a single product and have 'bet my house' on its success, I better have a backup plan should it fail. The same goes with all projects or goals. Have a backup plan if it fails (because 70% of projects do fail).

9. Is this a realistic goal for me? Is the goal you set for yourself so ambitious that you have no chance of reaching it? Does it fit in with your skills and interests? Does the goal reflect long term desires, or is it coloured by immediate problems in your life not related to long term realities? Are there more obvious goals which you should be trying to achieve first? Keep in mind that it usually takes time and strategy to achieve desirable goals. So don't feel pressured to accomplish everything at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment