Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I started my own painting business back

I started my own painting business back in 1991. As someone who had done painting off and on before I figured I knew all about how to paint. I was wrong.

So, exactly how much painting experience do you need to start a painting business of your own? Below are the top 10 things you Nike Shox O'Nine, should know to become a successful house painter.

1. You need to know important things like when and why to use primers.

Example: You cannot paint latex over alkyd (oil base) unless it was a "flat" sheen like wall paint. Otherwise you will get "peeling".

Neither can you paint new alkyd enamels over existing alkyd enamel finishes without priming first with an enamel under coater primer (whew!). Otherwise "chipping" will occur. A common error with older alkyd enamel woodwork.

2. You need a system for getting your prep work done fast.

Example: For example, when painting walls, I like to apply the first coat of paint before I do any basic drywall repairs of things like holes, stress cracks, loose tape seams, etc. That way you get to know the walls and the trouble areas show up easier because of the fresh paint.

3. You need to know the best time-saving techniques or speed tips to make the most money per job. Things as simple as having a fan available to quick-dry freshly painted walls and ceilings so you Nike Blazer SB can get on with cutting in the second coat.

4. You want to test which paints are the best to use. Once I find my favorite products I stay with them because I know them well and how they perform. Also, I like to use name brand leaders like Benjamin Moore. Name brands that represent high quality to the homeowner. Cheap paint takes more effort and doesn't make your job look as good afterwards anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment