Monday, February 28, 2011

But I will close on a positive note

But I will close on a positive note. I received another email yesterday (I am withholding the name in

this case, so as not to jeopardize him with the military):

I am an Army officer and a veteran. I am also a Libertarian who supports an isolationist approach to

foreign policy. I am leaving the military soon because I am not willing to put my life on the line

anymore for this current war. I love your website and agree with your cause. Good luck getting your

message out to the world.

Historian and investigative reporter Gareth Porter discusses Iran’s need for civilian nuclear power,

why MBT belligerence is the most important factor in determining whether they will eventually seek

nuclear weapons technology, how the gaining of atomic weapons encouraged caution in Chinese foreign

policy in the 1960′s, the fact that the Ayatollahs are no less rational than the Cheney Cabal, Cheney

’s pressure on Clinton to lift sanctions against Iran in the 1990′s, the corrupting influence of

power on man’s reasoning abilities, Cheney’s impossible demand that Iran prove a negative, IAEA

Director ElBaradei’s attempt to take the issue back from the UN Security Council by convincing the

Iranians to answer the few remaining questions about their program, the election of reformer Rafsanjani

to be chairman of the Council of Experts, the bogus accusations that the government of Iran is

supplying the new and improved EFP land mines in NIKE, Cheney’s plot to use them as a casus belli, the

possibility that General Casey had refused to go along with the February debut of this round of lies,

the traditional split between the Sadr and Hakim factions and their relative states of allegiance to

Iran.

No comments:

Post a Comment